All current MA membership will expire with the new lunar year, so we urge everyone to become a member. It is through active membership that the strength of the community will be evident. A membership form is attached below for this purpose. The membership will give the member the privileges of voting and utilization of the library services.
- The membership of the MAIC shall consist of members who wish to abide by the constitution and satisfy the membership requirements
- An applicant a or renewing member shall testify in the basic beliefs of Islamic faith specifically:
- Belief in Allah (SWT);
- Belief in Muhammad (PBUH) as the last of the prophets;
- Belief in the Books of Allah (SWT);
- Belief in the angels;
- Belief in the Day of Judgment;
- Belief in Kadaa and Qudr.
- A member should belong to the Ahl Assunna Wal Jama’as school of thought.
- A member must be at least 18 years old.
- A member must be a resident of the greater Sacramento area. This includes Sacramento, Placer, Yolo, Eldorado, San Joaquin counties.An applicant or a renewing member must pay the membership dues set by the Board of Trustees to become or to continue being a member.
- The term of membership is one Hijra year, from the first of Muharram to the end of Dhulhajj. Membership is renewable.
- Executive Committee will review and process new membership applications.
- The applicant has the right to appeal to the Board of Trustees if his application has been denied by the exective committee within 30 days of rejection.
- Withdrawal from membership may be voluntary or may be decreed by a majority vote of the Executive Committee for failure to continue to meet the qualifications.
- A person whose membership has been revoked for failure to meet the qualifications stated in points 2 and 3 can only be reinstated by testifying to his/her beliefs in front of the Executive Committee. A person whose membership has been terminated for failure to meet the qualifications stated in points 5 and 6 can be reinstated by applying for membership and paying the required dues.
- Masjid Annur board of Trustees reserves the right to revoke the membership of any person without disclosing the reasons.
- All Communications will be in writing.
Membership Applications will be handed out on the first of Muharram to the end of Dhulhajj at the Masjid Office.