- Dr. Jamaal Zarabozo is a well-known writer, researcher and speaker, who we are very blessed to have in our community as a resident scholar Alhamdulillah.
- He has authored numerous books, and provides classes for students around the world. You can find his classes at JamaalZarabozo.com
- Sh Jamaal holds a Bachelor’s degree from Berkley, a Master’s from Davis in Economics. And a doctorate degree from Mishkah University.
- Born in Kuwait and raised in Cairo, Egypt, where Sister Rasha Albadry graduated from Political Sciences College
- She has memorized the Quran and has an Ijazah in recitation.
- She has been teaching Tafseer Al Quran in Arabic and English for more than 15 years.
- Ustadha Rasha has taught Islamic studies to kids and teens for the past 14 years at Islamic schools or halaqahs. She has conducted lectures for sisters on weekly basis in Fresno, and now in Sacramento mashaAllah
- Sh Majed Mahmoud is one of the leading activists of Da‘wah in his community. Being the first graduate of AlMaghrib Institute to become one of its instructors, performing exceptionally in over 50 seminars including theology, Islamic jurisprudence, and Quranic Sciences.
- As Br Majed travels worldwide lecturing about different aspects of Islam, he also works full-time as a mechanical engineer
- Sh Majed has completed a Bachelor’s degree in Islamic Jurisprudence & Legal Theory from Al-Madinah International University. He also has a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Windsor and a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Wayne State University
- Sh AbdulBary Yahya was born in Vietnam and grew up in Seattle, WA. He went on to graduate from the Islamic University of Madinah and after that returned to Vietnam and Cambodia to became a teacher and director of the Umm al-Qura Charity Organization in Vietnam.
- He is currently the Imam of Masjid Jaamiul Muslimeen in Seattle, WA. and also an instructor with AlMaghrib Institute.
- Shaykh Belal Alzuhiry is originally from Yemen and is the Imam Of The United Muslim Community Center in Hamtramck,MI
- He also runs the Islamic University of Minnesota branch in Florida Imam Belal holds a Masters Degree In Islamic Studies along with various ijazahs in Quran, Ijazah In Hadith, Tafseer and other Sacred sciences.
- Shaykh Belal is a popular speaker in the US and also travels globally for the benefit of Islam and Muslims. He lectures in both the Arabic language and English and we are excited to have him do both of these for us at the Annur conference this year!
- Imam Yousef Hussin was born and raised in the United States. He traveled to Egypt where he studied at Al-Azhar University for a time, then continued at the Islamic University of Minnesota, earning a B.A. and M.A. in Islamic Studies. He has received ijazaat in Qur’anic recitation from Sheikh Waleed Al-Meneese and from Sheikh Sherzaad Tahir. He is the Imam of Masjid Annur in Sacramento, CA
- Imam John Starling is the Executive Director of GCLEA, in Cherry Hill, NJ and volunteers at Rutgers University, Camden as a Muslim chaplain.
- He is an alumnus of NCSU’s Poole College of Management and the Islamic University of Madinah. He holds a Master’s Degree in Islamic Studies from the Islamic University of Minnesota, possesses traditional ijazahs in several subjects including Hanbali fiqh, and is currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in Nonprofit Management and Philanthropy
- Imam John is also the founder of Hanbalidisciples.com which seeks to revive traditional Islamic studies according to the illustrious school of Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal.
- Coming to us all the way from New York, Amina Saad has a masters degree in family therapy and has previously worked in the California school system with adolescents from ages 12-17, and at a Therapy Center as a therapist with adults aged 18 and older.
- She is a professional life coach with experience helping people of all ages through difficult challenges of life.
- She offers a space for clients to feel safe to speak out and gain insight about their struggles with personal and career challenges. This space lets participants find perspective and brainstorm ideas about making self-improvements while discovering self-awareness and motivation.
- Amina offers phone/video sessions for those who live outside the metro New York region, or for those who just cannot travel conveniently. She is also known for her “Mental Wednesdays” feature on “Muslims of the World” snap
Mufti Mudassir Owais
- Mufti Mudassir Owais is the teacher and resident scholar at Islamic Center of Fremont. He has been at ICF since 1999 and has been instrumental in launching, guiding and running several programs there.
- After completing his memorization of the Holy Quran at an early age, Mufti Mudassir went on to Darul Uloom Deoband. He then pursued higher studies and specialization at Darul Uloom Hyderabad where he was granted the degree of Mufti.
- He has Ijazah in Hadith from Mufti Ashraf Ali
- After completing his studies he started teaching at Darul Uloom Shah Waliullah, Bangalore in 1995. Here he taught several courses including Tafseer, Hadith and Fiqh.
- Mufti Mudassir currently heads many scholastic efforts and is a counselor and mentor for religious seekers of all ages, teaching both the dedicated student of knowledge and the casual learner. He currently resides in Fremont, CA with his family.
- Ammar Shahin was born in Cairo, Egypt where he began his Islamic training at a young age under the supervision of his father who was the sheikh of their village. He memorized the Qur’an at the age of twelve in various modes of recitation. He continued his Islamic education, graduating from the Institute for Preparation of Preachers with a B.A. in Islamic studies and earning an associate’s degree from al-Forqan institute. He then traveled to the United States in 1999 where he earned his B.S. in Computer Engineering. He then returned to Egypt where he completed his Islamic education by studying with some of the top scholars in the country, receiving from them ijazaat (licenses) in the various Islamic sciences, including ijazah to teach and narrate the Shaafi’ madhaab. He also pursued a third B.A. at Al-Azhar University in the Islamic Sciences and Arabic language, and a fourth B.A. and an M.A. at the Islamic University of Minnesota in Islamic Studies where he is a PhD student.
- He is currently the imam at the Islamic Center of Davis and also an instructor for Zidni Islamic Institute.
Sh. Ahmed Khater was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. He graduated from the University of California, Berkeley with a B.A. in legal studies, and attained a second B.A. from Al-Azhar University in Islamic sciences and Arabic language. He received an M.A. from the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley with a specialization in Islamic law and legal theory, and is now a PhD candidate at the Graduate Theological Union specializing in Islamic law and legal theory. He also holds a B.A. and an M.A. in Islamic studies from the Islamic University of Minnesota. He has received ijazat (licenses) in various Islamic sciences, including ones to teach and narrate the Hanbali madhhab. He is a lecturer of Islamic studies at the Graduate Theological Union, Saint Mary’s College (adjunct assistant professor), Islamic University of Minnesota, and was a lecturer of Arabic Language at the University of California, Berkeley. He designs curriculum at Mishkah University where he formerly taught Islamic law, and he previously worked with Al-Azhar University’s Department of Islamic Studies in English to edit books and articles for the scholars of Al-Azhar. He works with the Assembly of Muslim Jurists of America answering legal questions for their fatwa chat/hotline services, and as a fiqh consultant, Resident Fatwa Committee secretary, and translator/editor. He also teaches the traditional Islamic sciences at Zidni Islamic Institute.